South Australian genealogy resources
- The South Australian 1841 census is the only 19th century SA census with surviving details. The enumerator sheets are available in the State Library of SA's family history collection.
- Check the State Records of SA listing to see if a person was recorded by name.
- Courts Administration Authority of South Australia
- Probate Registry [contact information for obtaining deceased estate wills & grants of probate]
- Supreme Court Building, 1 Gouger Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Telephone: +618 8204 0505
- Supreme Court Registry [contact information]
- 1 Gouger Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Telephone: +618 8204 0476 & +618 8204 0478
- Court records including divorce more than 110 y old — an involved procedure that may require more than one visit to the court registry
- SA Prison Records 1838-1912 [FamilySearch]
Land, maps and place names
Libraries & newspapers
Wars & military history