South Australian Genealogy Resources
Although our website has a wide range of family history databases, researchers of their South Australian ancestry may need to cover further topics of interest, some of which are to be found here.
- The South Australian 1841 census is the only 19th century SA census with surviving details. The enumerator sheets are available in the State Library of SA's family history collection.
- Check the State Records of SA listing to see if a person was recorded by name.
- Courts Administration Authority of South Australia
- Probate Registry [contact information for obtaining deceased estate wills & grants of probate]
- Supreme Court Building, 1 Gouger Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Telephone: +618 8204 0505
- Supreme Court Registry [contact information]
- 1 Gouger Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Telephone: +618 8204 0476 & +618 8204 0478
- Court records including divorce more than 100 y old — an involved procedure that may require more than one visit to the court registry
Land, maps and place names
Libraries & newspapers
Wars & military history